Looking for my Estonian heritage

Perekonna ajaloo alased küsimused ja vastused, mis ei sobi geograafiliste või olemasolevate temaatiliste foorumite alla
Vasta
JanLindahl
Kontakt:

Looking for my Estonian heritage

Postitus Postitas JanLindahl »

Dear friends!
My name is Jan Lindahl and I live in Gothenburg Sweden. I made a DNA test showing I am 63% Scandinavian, 14% Finnish and surprisingly for me 23% Baltic. I see myself as a genealogist and have made some research in Sweden. Now I want to learn more about my Baltic heritage since it is a big part of my DNA. The only link I have is that the father of my grandfather on my fathers' side was born in Tartu. My DNA suggests there must have been many relatives living in the past in your beautiful country and presumably even today.

The father of my grandfather was Johannes August Kruse. Born in Tartu 23.06.1888 at 5 pm and baptised 17.07.1888. His father was Johan Woldemar Kruse, a shoemaker and his mothers' name was Anna. I do not know her name as a girl and I do not know if her name is Kruse after marriage, what was the custom at the time?

I have tried to find more information through the Saag portal, but it takes time to learn the system so I have to date no success. I will keep on trying.

Do you have an idea on how to go about it to find more information? Do you have some information? I would really appreciate your help and maybe I can help you sometime.
With my very best regards!
Jan Lindahl, Genealogist
jan.lindahl11@outlook.com
+46 768 97 98 38
Katsa

Re: Looking for my Estonian heritage

Postitus Postitas Katsa »

Please find your ancestors here: Saaga EAA.5357.1.39:15?186,186,1812,603,0
Katrin H.
annemai

Postitus Postitas annemai »

Hello Jan

I found your grandfather Johannes August here:
https://www.ra.ee/dgs/_purl.php?shc=EAA ... ,828,400,0

Connected him with his parents on Geni.
https://www.geni.com/people/Johannes-Au ... 6219946994

Yours kindly,
annemai
annemai

Postitus Postitas annemai »

Hello again.

You:
"His father was Johan Woldemar Kruse, a shoemaker and his mothers' name was Anna. I do not know her name as a girl and I do not know if her name is Kruse after marriage, what was the custom at the time?"

Me:
Your greatgreat-grandmother was born as Anna TÖNS,
apparantly she changed her surname to TENSMANN which can in one way be notised in her farther Peter's deathnotise in 1875 as he is named TENSMANN https://www.ra.ee/dgs/_purl.php?shc=EAA ... 2,511,72,0

Yes, it was a custom for women to take their marriagename as in this case KRUSE.

The profiles are all settled in Geni.com

All the best
annemai

Vasta

Mine “Perekonna ajalugu (üldküsimused)”