KUUSKMANN

Vasta
Eilish
Kontakt:

KUUSKMANN

Postitus Postitas Eilish »

Otsin Tiiu Hanslepa ja Jüri Kuuskmanni järeltulijaid. Nad elasid Salajõe külas.

Niipalju on mul teada:

3.(Salaja Tiiu) Tio Hanslep (14/12 1820 Õngu - ) & Jürri KUUSKMANN (30/9 1817 Salajõe, Läänemaa - ) (ab. 26/1 1841 EELK Salajõe)
1.Mari Kuuskmann
2.Tiiu (Kuuskmann->) Kuusk (6/5 1847 Salajõe - )
3.Jüri KUUSKMANN (25/5 1853 Salajõe - )
4.Jaan KUUSKMANN (20/5 1856 Salajõe - 1868 Salajõe)
5.Juula Kuuskmann ( /2 1859 Salajõe - 4/5 1869 Salajõe)
6.Joannes KUUSKMANN (6/6 1863 Salajõe - 6/6 1869 Salajõe)
anmih45

Re: KUUSKMANN

Postitus Postitas anmih45 »

Hello Eilish.

I hope you are still around on this forum.
Myself I look around now and then.

Have you found any more information of the Kuuskman's family?

Maybe you have been looking on their familytree at geni.com
where you can find forward-links to "saaga" www.ra.ee and all their fantastic churchbooksrrecords and revisionlist.

Jüri Kuuskman who was born 30/9 1817, is my grandmother Anna's uncle.
Their father was Aadu, born 3/12 1833 in Salajõe.
I am the granddaughter of Anna. I was born 1945, in Sweden.

I hope this will help you in your research.

Yours kindly.
anmih45
Eilish
Kontakt:

Re: KUUSKMANN

Postitus Postitas Eilish »

Thank you very much for your answer!

Thanks to the information you gave, I could merge two families in Geni. I have added Jüri ja Tio there some years ago, but someone has added Jüri's family as well, including Aadu. So now they could be merged in Geni.
I have been digging a lot in Saaga, but it seems that none of Tio's and Jüri's children had children of their own - they either died too young or just didn't manage to have children. But well, there is still some hope they had some descendants, but at the moment the hopes are small.
Tio's brothers and sisters (including my great-great-grandfather) had lots of descendants on the other hand. Me being one of them.

There was actually an interesting story with this Tio Kuuskmann (born Hanslep). For years everyone knew this Tio as "Salaja Tio". "salaja" means "secretly" in Estonian. And the legends said that she got secretly married on the mainland, but nobody knew anything further. Then some years ago someone searching their family tree, stumbled upon a certain Tio Hanslep in Salajõe, which is a village in Western-Estonia. So this solved the mystery behind "Salaja Tio". It turned out that "Salaja" didn't mean "secretly", but was a mispronunciation of "Salajõe". So it was quite a nice discovery.

Anyway, Tio still has a couple of children who could have married, so I keep looking.

But it seems we are connected via Jüri Kuuskmann, as his brother was your ancestor and Tio's brother was mine. If I find something else, I'll let you know and add the data in Geni.
Vasta

Mine “Lääne-Nigula kihelkond”