Looking for Wladimir Meng and his relatives

Vasta
nachtigall

Looking for Wladimir Meng and his relatives

Postitus Postitas nachtigall »

Bitte, brauche Hilfe. Suche meine Verwandte in Tallin. Ich wohne in St. Petersburg, bei meiner Großmutter habe eine Postkarte von ihrem Onkel Wladimir Meng gefunden, datiert 1973, die Adresse ist nicht ganz deutlich, wahrscheinlich Pöögelmanni 5-2, kann man vielleicht ihn oder seine Verwandte irgendwie finden? Bin froh an jede Hilfe oder Ratschlag.
Leider spreche kein Estnisch (verbrauche google-translater), kenne Russisch, Deutsch und Englisch.

(Please, need help. Looking for my relatives in Tallinn. I live in St. Petersburg, at my grandmother had found a postcard from her uncle Vladimir Meng, dated 1973, the address is not quite clear, probably Pöögelmanni 5-2, maybe can I find him or his relatives? Am glad to any help or advice.
Unfortunately do not speak Estonian (only google - translater), speak Russian, German and English.

Пожалуйста, требуется помощь. Разыскиваю родственников в Таллинне. Я живу в Санкт-Петербурге, у бабушки нашла открытку от её дяди Владимира Менга, датированную 1973 г., адрес написан неразборчиво, вероятно Пегельманна 5 -2, может быть, можно найти каким-нибудь образом его или его родственников? Буду рада любой помощи или совету.
К сожалению, эстонского не знаю, использую переводчик, говорю на русском, немецком, английском.)

Vera
Katsa

Re: Looking for Wladimir Meng and his relatives

Postitus Postitas Katsa »

Meng is a relatively rare family name. I've tried searching in different databases and there seems to be no match on Vladimir Meng. But I've found certain Voldemar Meng - perhaps he used the first name Vladimir as well? This Voldemar Meng died in 1974 and he was buried at the Pärnamäe cemetery in Tallinn. Apparently he had a wife Feodossia, she died in 1992. Voldemar was an employee of Ministry of Internal Affairs, he was most likely born in 1901 and his father's name was Jakov. Could this Voldemar be the one you're looking for?
Katrin H.
nachtigall

Katsa kirjutas:Meng is a relatively rare family name. I've tried searching in different databases and there seems to be no match on Vladimir Meng. But I've found certain Voldemar Meng - perhaps he used the first name Vladimir as well? This Voldemar Meng died in 1974 and he was buried at the Pärnamäe cemetery in Tallinn. Apparently he had a wife Feodossia, she died in 1992. Voldemar was an employee of Ministry of Internal Affairs, he was most likely born in 1901 and his father's name was Jakov. Could this Voldemar be the one you're looking for?

I think it can be he, because on the postcard is not the full name, only abbreviated as Vova, initials by signature are VJ (so it can be Voldemar Jakovlewich).
In regards to the name of his wife is very difficult to say, because it is also written abbreviated and completely unintelligible. If this is really this Voldemar Meng, can I get still more information about his ancestors, relatives and descendants and how can i do that?
Katsa

Postitus Postitas Katsa »

Well, let somebody visit the cemetery and check whether the graveyard of this Voldemar has been taken care (if you can't do it personally). If yes then it's quite obvious that he should have had relatives who are still alive. You can leave a note in a plastic bag at the graveyard with the request to contact you.
Voldemar Meng in the database of cemeteries HERE

Besides that you should request Voldemar Meng's personal file which is kept at the State Archives. Very likely you can find his former address and perhaps some information about his family too in this document.
Voldemar Meng's file at the State Archives HERE
Katrin H.
nachtigall

Thank You very much for help!
Vasta

Mine “Tallinna linn”